Veturi is a simultaneous turn-based strategy game developed for the wars of the Finnish nation-RPG Valtioroolipeli. It's designed to run on most web hosting setups, essentially only requiring PHP (7.3) and an SQL-database. Veturi is meant to be used alongside an existing community and doesn't include any in-game communication. Also, the admin is expected to create all the accounts and deliver the credentials to the users.
Veturi can be seen as made up of three parts:
- The client is web application (JS, HTML, CSS) that the players can use to plan and send their orders.
- The client/server-interface (PHP, HTML) manages the accounts, including logins and receiving orders and saving them to the database. The admin-interface, used for example to create accounts, belongs to this part.
- The turn simulator (PHP) loads the orders from the database and changes to world according to them.
- Concatenate the JS-source code into a single file for use.
- Add an order to create a connection between two provinces.
- Show information about the game object that was clicked on the map.
- Present orders more compactly.
Veturi 0.5 is the first version to have all these parts implemented and working to atleast some degree. Otherwise however, it is extremely unfinished and the only implemented order is adding provinces.
Veturi is provided in source code form and licensed under GPL3+ (see the included copyright.txt for details).